Subject: Revise and combine the "dehumidifier energy efficiency standard" and "dehumidifier power consumption and its energy efficiency grade labeling, method, and inspection method" into "Dehumidifier power consumption standard and power efficiency grade labeling, method, and inspection method regulation" and goes into effect beginning January 1st, 2018.
Base: Item 14-4 of the “Energy Administration Act”
1. The dehumidifiers of this regulation are those compliant with CNS 12492 and contained in list of products requiring inspection by the Bureau of Standards, Metrology & Inspection (BSMI), M.O.E.A.
2. Test and calculate actual energy factor values of dehumidifier according to CNS 12492 and round energy factor value to the nearest hundredth.
The actual energy factor ratings shall be greater than standard value (appendix 1) and 95% of product rated value.
Current energy factor value inspection is limited to models of power consumption less than 1000W.
3. Dehumidifier manufacturer or importer shall apply for its energy efficiency grade labeling management system (Management System hereafter) account and password with the central competent authority with the following documents:
3.1 Energy efficiency grade labeling management system account and password application form (appendix 2).
3.2 Company or business registration documents.
4. The supplier shall file for dehumidifier energy efficiency grade labeling with the central competent authority with the following documents:
4.1 Dehumidifier energy efficiency grade labeling registration form (appendix 3)
4.2 Dehumidifier merchandise verification license or merchandise type certificate and upload its electronic copy (color scan) to the Management System
4.3 Photo copy or electronic file in DVD ROM of safety test report and energy efficiency test report by third party labs certified by BSMI; the hard copy of the report shall be stamped with company chops.
4.4 In case the model number given in the said test report differs from the one for energy efficiency grade labeling yet is contained in the same merchandise verification license or merchandise type certificate the supplier shall submit energy electric efficiency compliance type statement (appendix 4)
5. The central competent authority shall approve the subject product's energy efficiency grade according to the energy factor value given in the said test report based on the dehumidifier energy efficiency grading standard (appendix 5).
6. Manufacturer or importer of dehumidifier shall attach energy efficiency grade label (figure 1) to visible location at front of product or its manual; attach or display energy efficiency grade labeling to visible location at front of product when merchandising or retailing dehumidifier.
The energy efficiency grade labeling shall conform to specification given in figure 1 and present in color and shall not make it unidentified by consumers in any method. The energy efficiency grade labeling may be magnified proportionally.
7. Product catalogue used by supplier at showroom or retailing location shall display energy efficiency grade labeling (figure 2) along with its dehumidifier image. For product information of dehumidifier expressed in texts or tables, the energy factor ratings and energy efficiency grade shall be added.
8. Dehumidifier manufacturer or importer shall re-apply for dehumidifier energy efficiency grade labeling in case of any of the following:
8.1 Change in design which may have impact on energy efficiency grade.
8.2 Change in model number.
9. The supplier shall report units of individual models of dehumidifier sold last year at the Management System before end of each February.
10. The central competent authority shall carry out annual energy efficiency spot check by specifying models and quantities of product for random testing. The supplier shall submit subject products to given labs for testing in given period. Actual energy factor values of products under test shall be equal to or greater than 95% of their rated value and compliant with dehumidifier power consumption and energy efficiency grade standard.
Suppliers who failed the test may subject to another test as required by the central competent authority. This test shall have twice as many products of the same model in first test and at the expenses of the supplier.
The supplier shall subject to penalties given in item 21 and 24 of the Energy Administration Act and revoke its energy efficiency grade labeling certificate in case it failed to run the 1st and 2nd (if needed) spot check or the 2nd test has any one product failed the test. Suppliers who stopped the manufacturer or import of products and in a position unable to carry out energy efficiency test shall be exempted from this after the central competent authority approved and withdrew the energy efficiency grade labeling.
The central competent authority shall publicize the said information in the Management System according to the Consumer Protection Act.
11. The sampling quantity shall be determined by the following rule: every 5000 units made or imported last year shall sample one unit for spot check, models of population less than 5000 shall sample one as well.
The central competent authority may adjust test model and quality as required.