Requirements on the Minimal Energy Performance Standard and Energy Efficiency Rating Labeling and Inspection of Warm-hot (WH) water dispenser
1. The WH water dispensers of this regulation are those compliant with CNS3910 and contained in list of products requiring inspection by the Bureau of Standards, Metrology & Inspection (BSMI), M.O.E.A.
2. The WH water dispenser shall subject to test by CNS3910 for values of water tank capacity and 24hr standby loss (E24 hereafter). The latter shall be used to calculate normalized standby loss by WH water dispenser in 24 hours (Est, 24 hereafter).
Est, 24 = E24/K, where the temperature calibration coefficient K = (T-ambient temperature)/(100-ambient temperature)
Round the E24 and Est, 24 ratings to the nearest thousandth.
The results Est, 24 shall be less than or equal to rated value and the WH water dispenser power consumption standard (appendix 1).
3. WH water dispenser manufacturer or importer shall apply for its energy efficiency grade labeling management system (Management System hereafter) account and password with the central competent authority with the following documents:
3.1 Energy efficiency grade labeling management system account and password application form (appendix 2).
3.2 Company or business registration documents
4. The supplier shall file for WH water dispenser energy efficiency grade labeling with the central competent authority with the following documents:
4.1 WH water dispenser energy efficiency grade labeling registration form (appendix 3)
4.2 WH water dispenser merchandise verification license or merchandise type certificate and upload its electronic copy (color scan) to the Management System
4.3 Photo copy or electronic file in DVD ROM of safety test report and energy efficiency test report by third party labs certified by BSMI; the hard copy of the report shall be stamped with company chops.
4.4 In case the model number given in the said test report differs from the one for energy efficiency grade labeling yet is contained in the same merchandise verification license or merchandise type certificate the supplier shall submit energy electric efficiency compliance type statement (appendix 4)
5. The central competent authority shall approve the subject product's energy efficiency grade according to the Est, 24 value given in the said test report based on the WH water dispenser energy efficiency grading standard (appendix 5).
6. Beginning January 1st, 2018 manufacturer or importer of WH water dispenser shall attach energy efficiency grade label (figure 1) to visible location at front of product or its manual; attach or display energy efficiency grade labeling to visible location at front of product when merchandising or retailing WH water dispenser.
7. The energy efficiency grade labeling of item 4.6 shall conform to specification given in figure 1 and present in color and shall not make it unidentified by consumers in any method. The energy efficiency grade labeling may be magnified proportionally.
8. Beginning January 1st, 2018 product catalogue used by supplier at showroom or retailing location shall display energy efficiency grade labeling (figure 2) along with its WH water dispenser image. For product information of WH water dispenser expressed in texts or tables, the Est, 24 ratings and energy efficiency grade shall be added.
9. WH water dispenser manufacturer or importer shall re-apply for WH water dispenser energy efficiency grade labeling in case of any of the following:
9.1 Change in design which may have impact on energy efficiency grade.
9.2 Change in model number.
10. The supplier shall report units of individual models of WH water dispenser sold last year at the Management System before end of each February.
11. The central competent authority shall carry out annual energy efficiency spot check by specifying models and quantities of product for random testing. The supplier shall submit subject products to given labs for testing in given period. Actual Est, 24 values of products under test shall be equal to or less than 105% of their rated value and compliant with WH water dispenser power consumption and energy efficiency grade standard.
Suppliers who failed the test may subject to another test as required by the central competent authority. This test shall have twice as many products of the same model in first test and at the expenses of the supplier.
The supplier shall subject to penalties given in item 21 and 24 of the Energy Administration Act and revoke its energy efficiency grade labeling certificate in case it failed to run the 1st and 2nd (if needed) spot check or the 2nd test has any one product failed the test. Suppliers who stopped the manufacturer or import of products and in a position unable to carry out energy efficiency test shall be exempted from this after the central competent authority approved and withdrew the energy efficiency grade labeling.
The central competent authority shall publicize the said information in the Management System according to the Consumer Protection Act.
12. The sampling quantity shall be determined by the following rule: every 1000 units made or imported last year shall sample one unit for spot check, models of population less than 1000 shall sample one as well. The central competent authority may adjust test model and quality as required.